Friday, October 8, 2010

Walkin' on sunshine....

Dear Reader,
The past 2 weeks have been absolutely horrible! My Birthday was a disgrace. I was alone for more than half of it and I cried...multiple times. As you all know, my husband is done with his training and is out on the road on his own (whoo hooo!),this means at the end of his 2 weeks by himself, incident free, I can go with him. However, I really am kinda homeless at the moment and we were going to sneak me in ahead of time because (1)we miss each other and (2)it was the obvious plan and solution for the hubbs and I. It's exciting.

Anyway, he had to leave without me, not this past Monday, but the Monday before. I was crushed. I told him I didn't wanna be alone on my birthday, he (in his best efforts to keep me calm) assured me that he would be here to spend it with me. I had a gut feeling that it wouldn't happen. Annndd it did not. So, on my birthday, my brother cooked dinner for me, and he bought me a cake that (while pre-heating the oven to cook some of this dinner) he had forgotten that he hid in the oven and burned that and the plastic container it arrived in. We ate around it. It was really a depressing day, I didn't even get an uplifting or encouraging card, this made me sad, Nor did I get to buy myself a gift, as I had quit my job a month ago thinking I'd be long gone by now. Little did I know my world would be slowly but surely crumbling down around my plans.

So last night I was on my way to visit a dear friend of mine, and the hubbs calls me. He asked how much gas I had and said he had a surprise for me! Turns out he was in town parked at a family members house and i could stay the night with him in the truck! I was ecstatic, and in shock that he had kept this from me the whole day. have you ever shared a bed in a truck cab before?! Very hard thing to master! This will take some time, for sure. Hubbs is coming back to take me away forever on either Tuesday or Wednesday and our journey begins! I'm so excited! We will also celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary on the 18th, it's sure to be a much better day than my birthday. Until my next post....

Love Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment